Applications are currently on hold. Please stay tuned to our social media channels for updates at the end of 2021. In the interim you can familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements here:
In order to be eligible for SFFCC membership, candidates must:
1. Be film critics living in the Greater Bay Area (i.e., San Francisco, the East Bay, Marin County, Sacramento area, and the South Bay encompassing San Jose) working regularly for at least two years in a professional journalistic medium, including print, TV, radio, and the internet, but not college or university media.
2. Be published or broadcast in the medium at least 50 times annually, and have been for at least two full years prior to applying for membership.
3. Not be in the paid employ of filmmakers, distributors, exhibitors, publicity firms, or advertising agencies.
4. See the majority of major releases in any given year of membership in the course of their work as critics.
5. Agree during their first year of membership to a minimum of 10 hours’ attendance at SFFCC functions beyond the mandatory annual awards meeting.
1. Stay tuned for the application window.
2. Submit proof that all of the eligibility requirements specified above are being met.
3. Submit a short bio and select three to five samples of work from within the prior six months for consideration.
Please note: Only a limited number of new members are voted in annually. We look forward to considering your application when voting.